Friday 1 July 2011

Researching Music Videos

To get some idea's for music videos I looked at some of my favourite ones. This gave me idea's on genre, styles and what is conventional.

The first video I looked at was (Is This The Way To) Amarillo, by Peter Kay and Tony Christie. This is famous for being made for Comic Relief and for being very funny. Peter Kay is known for being a funny man, and suits the genre for upbeat fun songs, much like myself. The video contains Kay walking down corridors singing into the camera when iconic British celebrities appear behind him, including Ken Barlow, Queen, Sir Jimmy Saville, Shakin Stevens. Because he keeps going down different corridors with different celebrities it keeps people watching as they want to see what happens next. It would be nice to do something in my video which makes people want to see what is going to happen next.


The second video I looked at was Dancing in the street, by David Bowie and Mick Jagger. This is famous for being very cheesy and very funny. Like Amarillo it was also done for charity, the charity being Live Aid. The video is set in an abandoned warehouse, and contains lots of jumping about and "dad dancing". The singers do a lot of singing and dancing into the camera. The video is iconic for the good humour and the fun factor. Something I am personally wanting to bring to my video.


No comments:

Post a Comment